PostTrans XML API is simple to install AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
IMPORTANT : Create a user in ALL Sage 50 companies for PostTrans to use before installing. We suggest you call the user "PT1". PostTrans needs to log into Sage 50, using the Sage SDK toolkit. If you use an account which someone else uses you will get various errors. IT WILL NOT BE HAPPY!
Download Example Data
Download and Install
PostTrans XML API for Sage 50 How to Install
||Import Demo File
1) Install Download
Simply download PostTrans for Sage 50
We recommend it is installed on a network share. All settings are contain in install directory.
PLEASE BACK THIS DIRECTORY UP REGULARLY
2) Test the program
- Open Run from shortcut, or run XMLapi.exe from installed directory
- When first run it open system settings for you to select a Sage 50 company and enter login details
- Press [OK]
- The program will close
- Restart, and next it will ask you to register. Please either enter your details or enter previously registered account number, or e-mail and password
- Press [OK]
- It will now allow you to import into a Sage Demo company
- Restart program one final time
- Start again, and during startup it will assign a code to each for the Sage 200 Companies the user can access. These codes will be on the clipboard. Paste them into notepad, or similar text editor.
- Next open an example XML file, found in the IN/Examples directory of installation
- Now edit the tag when it says <companyCode>DEMO01</companyCode> or delete to use the default chosen in settings
- Save XML file
- Move it to the IN subdirectory
- If auto import is on then it will attempt to import the data in the XML file.
- If failed it will be moved to the IN/FailedXML directory. If you now look at it again in notepad, you should see any error in the comment section at the top of file. Correct any problems and resubmit to IN directory
- If imported, it will be moved to the IN/ImportedXML directory. The file will now contain transaction number in comment at the top of XML file.
3) Evaluate, Purchase and Unlock
PostTrans will work fully with the Sage 50 Demonstration company. When used with a live Sage company, it will ask for Credit Card details. Your credit card will be debited every month, and subsequent renewals can be cancelled at any time. See Sage 50 Prices